How to order literary translation?
To order literary translation send e-mail email@example.com:
- good copy of your document;
- specify the target language;
- desired date of the execution of the order;
- Your mob. telephone number.
Do you have a question or need additional information?
Ask our manager directly on the site.
Or call our experts by phone: (044) 223-23-88, (044) 234-48-10.
Do you have a book or other literary text in original? Then you may attend our office at a convenient time to you or employee a member of our staff’s service you ward.
Literary translation is quite popular kind of translation. This type of translation is quite complex and specific and specialist of this level is very difficult to find. Since we have quite a great experience in this field and work with translators of this area for a long time, we will find you a qualified loyal specialist.
How the literary process takes place?
Literary translation of a single book or the whole collector can be translated only by one person. Yes, it capacious work that takes a month or more, depending on content. But there is a risk of hurry for quality literary translation. For this reason it is forbidden to hurry. Timescales must be restrained.
If you will resort to a company with limited experience and agreeably, he choice of specialists in this area there will be small, you risk to waste your time and money and as a result be left without intended effect.
To prevent poor and low-quality translation, please contact our translation agency. Our experts are up to date to determine the time for the translation of a book or other literature. Pick up on the appropriate style, theme and other indicators competently translator, without losing or changing essentially perform literary translation.
An important factor for literary translation is the recruitment of a translator who will translate in a manner and style, close to the author's writing. It is quite possible and real in our translation agency. And if you say in another Office, which is still far from the translation will be so like the original, because it puts a completely different person, do not agree with this. And play it safe to order on this condition.
Literary translation - is not only translation of book. This area also includes:
- translation of filmscript;
- translation of musical script;
- translation of poetry;
- translation of poems;
- translation of movie;
- translation of cartoons.
Frequently you need a literary translation, which has its own problems and specificity. It is considered more mobile and learned. This translation is inherent in innovation, modernization and the desire for originality. The most pronounced feature of literary translation is the use of figures of speech for maximum disclosure of the text. As a quibble is peculiar for all languages, to save all figures of speech in translation may be very difficult, but not impossible. That’s why literary translator except of language skills at a professional level, must have such qualities like quickness and sconce. While describing the characters of the book often lost the characteristics of their speech.
Many would agree that convey the specifics, such as the working French language into the Russian language is pretty tricky. And translators at most recognize that many dialect figures of speech. To do word to word translation is impossible and forbidden. It will surely bring to a bad translation where the bright colors of character’s speech and the emotional tone will be lost.
And of course, what is the literary translation without such processing facilities like:
- metaphors that are used in the transmission of the structural characteristics of characters;
- comparisons whereby the transmission of structural features and stylistics becomes impossible;
- irony, that helps to express contrastively the peculiarity of speech and to match unreal;
- dialecticisms that in a literary translation is used to translate the jargons, profanities, vulgar words while preserving their stylistic paints;
- word-play that is required for transmission of a source language significance;
- word-play in a contrast – it’s a framing long and short sentences etc.
The main problems points of literary translation:
1. Exception of “tracing paper”. In simple words, the translation should not be literal. During such work translators have many controversial questions. Some believe that it is necessary so to convey lexical and syntactic structure of the creation, while others believe that it is necessary to reconstruct the text of the translation. This means that a professional translator has to be kind of dreamy, with imagination and creativity and that should be enough.
2. Translation of humorous works and humor in general is too hard enough as it is necessary not only be a professional and also to be able to preserve the pun. Special skills are needed in this case, which lies in the fact that it is sometimes necessary to lose one or the other expression, thus giving more color and meaning to other words.
3. Literary translation of set expressions demands from translator the presence of great lexical resource and also dictionaries. Dictionaries must be specialized, with the express aim of literary translation.
4.Transfer of cultural particularities and style with their necessary maintenance. Accomplish this, the translator must be fully developed, read literature about the culture of different eras and times, if the literary text belongs to a certain age .
And as a conclusion, the main task of literary translation is the adaptation of the translated material at the desired culture and preservation of identity. Translator must possess the talent and knowledge of the language.